Ferris Psychologists offers a comprehensive and rigorous suite of psychological assessments which we tailor to each client’s specific needs. Assessments can include but are not limited to:
- Verbal reasoning ability
- Numerical reasoning ability
- Abstract reasoning ability
- Personality attributes
- Safety attitudes
- Leadership potential
- Vocational interests
Psychological data gathering can contribute to recruitment and selection processes by lessening the risk of an appointment that is inappropriate for the individual and/or the organisation.
In addition psychological assessments support:
- development – both from the point of view of the individual and in the interests also of the organisation.
In assessing the appropriateness of individuals for particular positions it is useful to consider:
- intellectual capacity;
- personality attributes.
Experience and qualifications tell us what a person has done. Information on intellectual capacity and personality can tell us how well a person can apply that experience and those qualifications to a position. Each of those elements contributes to the totality of resources that a person can bring to a role. It is the combination of those elements that is important and it is appropriate to make a judgment in respect of data gathered under each of those headings or elements.
Benefits are derived from the inclusion of psychological test data in the assessment process at a number of levels:
- Individual employee’s perspective: for example, utilising feedback for training and career progression.
- Manager’s perspective: for example, taking a check on their perceptions by accessing objective and additional information which cannot be gained by way of interview.
- General Manager’s perspective: for example, becoming aware of the development potential of key staff.
- Organisation’s perspective: for example, a third-party, objective view using data shown to predict an individual’s job performance.
All of our Psychological Assessments are available in a face-to-face or online setting. In addition, our Psychologists are accredited in a range of psychometric measures.
You may consider the addition of Ferris psychological assessments to enhance your existing recruitment, selection, and employee development campaigns.